Environment

(AUDIO) We Have more Than Enough Water Resources, Only 17% Are Polluted – Water Resource Commission

Contrary to the general notion that a majority of our water bodies in Ghana are polluted, the eastern regional manager for Water Resources commission in Ghana, Dr Ronald Abrahams has refuted that speculations. According to the regional manager, only 17% of our water bodies are either destroyed or polluted but the remaining 83% are clean and safe for use. He ...

Read More »

Hybrid Waste-to-Energy project can control Ghana’s energy, sanitation problems – Ahiekpor

Dr. Julius C. Ahiekpor, the Head of Bioenergy, Kumasi Technical University, on Tuesday said Ghana within few years can significantly control its energy and sanitation problems if she paid particular attention to ‘waste-to-energy’ generation. He said some countries were now importing waste to generate energy for consumption, as it had many advantages as compared to the hydropower that many parts ...

Read More »

KroMA MCE Cited In Demolishing Citizen’s Wall After A Day Warning Notice At Nungua

Residents and citizens of Nungua in the Krowor Municipal Assembly in the Greater Accra region have registered their displeasure towards their Municipal Chief Executive, MCE, Hon. Joshua Nii Bortey for deliberate demolition of authorized walls and buildings of residents only after a day’s notice to remove them. The affected residents in an interview with Citizen Kofi Wusu of Ahotor Fm ...

Read More »

Illegal miners clash, one dead

One person has died in a clash between two illegal mining groups at Akyem Aworoso near Akyem Apinamang in the Eastern Region. The incident occurred on January 3, 2021. Information gathered indicates that two miners Desmond Anokye Frimpong, 27, and Gyekye Matthew, 33, now deceased were attacked by a group of three young men believed to be rival illegal miners ...

Read More »

Community Mining: Release Portion Of Your Concession To Us Or We Stop You – Angry Youth To Kibi Goldfields

Angry Youth of Akyem Nsutam in the fanteakwa south district in the eastern region give Kibi Goldfields, a reputable large scale mining company, a 3 day ultimatum to release lands for them for Community mining. According to the Assembly member for Nsutam Nsuapemso electoral area, Hon. Alexander Boakye, mining is the major source of employment in the community would the ...

Read More »

Keyboard Idol’s Chris Tamakloe Dies In Road Accident

Chris Tamakloe, one of the star performers on Citi TV‘s Keyboard Idol talent competition, met his untimely death on Saturday, September 19, when a vehicle in which he and his father were travelling was involved in a road accident, at Asutsuare Junction. One passenger in the minibus died on the spot, while Chris – and other passengers – were initially rushed to the ...

Read More »

We’ll Stop Extra Gold From Mining In Our Area If They Don’t Reclaim Our Land – Assemblyman Fumes

Fighting illegal mining in Ghana has been very difficult and it seems the nation can not win the fight anymore even after the president launched operation vanguard and Galamstop to ensure proper, legal and regulated mining. Residents of Awenare, a mining community in the Atiwa West district in the eastern region has not been spared of the repercussions of mining ...

Read More »

In Five Years Time ‘Odum’ Tree Would Be Extinct – CEO of Bunso Ecopark Reveals

The chief Executive officer of Bunso Ecopark a tourist site at Bunso in the Abuakwa South municipality in the eastern region, Mr Akuffo Asare has revealed that in no time, the famous odum tree would go extinct. According to him, the rampant felling of Milicia regia one of two trees of Milicia known as “odum” in Ghana, will render the famous Odum extinct. In ...

Read More »